Top Ten Wedding Tips
1. Plan a Weekday wedding. The Secrets ceremony fee and accommodation rates are a cheaper price during the week. A mid week wedding will also save money on hairdressers and makeup artists who usually offer a reduced rate for a mid-week wedding. Secrets mid-week package also includes a local photographer and celebrant. This is probably the biggest money saver and most important of all the wedding tips.
2. Opt for a morning ceremony and lunch reception – Perfect for a Winter wedding! Imagine a picnic lunch style reception with garden games, or a high tea in our Lakehouse. More and more couples are opting for a more casual gathering with a gorgeous lunch reception, saving money and making it easy for guests to travel home after the wedding. It also means more time for great photos.
3. Invites – Save money by creating your invitations online, there are several website where you can create magical invitations with your couple photos and a music soundtrack. A gorgeous alternative to posting a paper invitation.
4. Your guest list – The most memorable Secrets weddings have been the ones where wedding couples have invited just their closest family and friends, celebrating their special day with those who have supported and will continue to support them in their future life together.
5. Create your own soundtrack Most couples know what they would like to play during their ceremony but why not compile all your favourite songs for your reception. This makes it a lot more personal than the same old wedding songs soundtrack.
6. Table decorations – Google handmade ideas for your table. A great example of this and a wedding that we will always remember is one where the bride’s sister made fabric flowers in bright yellows, oranges and reds for the table – very retro – very gorgeous. DIY favours like potted flowers for your guests to take home – small pots wrapped in hessian with a coloured ribbon can also create part of your table decorations. Your imagination is the limit. Maybe a set of Secrets wine glasses per couple to commemorate where you celebrated your wedding?
7. Personalise your ceremony – A good celebrant will take time to get to know you both as a couple and as individuals. They will find out how you met, your adventures so far in life, and your plans for the future… and will weave these elements into your personal ceremony and vows.
8 A DIY wedding – If you are only having up to 15 guests, you can choose a do-it-yourself wedding at Secrets, especially suited to a mid-week ceremony, you can hire the use of our Secrets Gardens and keep it sweet and simple! Our Secrets team is here to help if you need to hire any extra items and lunch in Secrets cafe is a great alternative to planning a full reception dinner!
9. Planning your Honeymoon – If you are planning on the trip of a lifetime for your honeymoon, we suggest that you take a couple of days before you go just to relax and recover before you take off on your great adventure together.
10. Elope – This doesn’t suit everyone, but some of the most intimate and heartfelt ceremonies at Secrets have been elopements – just the 2 of you expressing your love and commitment.
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST OF THE WEDDING TIPS:
Don’t forget to eat! – Organize a lunch platter with mini baguettes and a fruit plate to snack on while you are getting ready… the last thing you need is your tummy rumbling through the ceremony! A great way to get together after the wedding is to organize a wedding breakfast for the following morning. Your wedding day flies past so quickly, it’s nice to really catch up with your friends and family especially if they have travelled a long way to attend.